Sunday, July 7, 2013

Big fish aren't all there is!

As a guide it seems like I am always after the real toads, and rightfully so, but sometimes it is great just to get back to the basics and wade a solitary, high mountain stream. The Upper, Upper Rogue is that stream for me. During my fourth of July camping trip, I was able to sneak out with my small glass rod for a couple hours of fishing. Here are some pictures to remind you about the basics of our sport. For me, it was the place where I was introduced to my first trout lie. Its places like this,  that will always bring me back to the simple style of life that my father introduced to me so many years ago. Its places like this,  that I'll always gravitate back to, to recharge. What a Blessing! Enjoy!

Awesome River

Gotta get down

Love Swinging

Swinging the ledge

Wet wading just like when I was a kid

A Trophy, for this section of river!

Bending the Glass Rod

Love this Place

Going Back In--Thanks For the Fight--pure blessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment